ePay icon
Close this search box.

Home Insurance


Your home is perhaps your most valuable asset. When it is damaged or destroyed, you need your claim settled by an insurance company that understands this simple fact. While many view homeowners’ coverage as a commodity, the fact is that not all policies are the same. For example, many insurers have abandoned guaranteed replacement cost coverage, the provision that insures your house will be rebuilt following a total loss, regardless of your limits or cost.

Our Personal Insurance Team will also explain the policy limits for jewelry, furs, and other valuables and options to broaden these coverages if needed, before a loss. TIS provides a combination of tailored coverage, quality service, and fair pricing so that you can rest easier knowing that your property is properly covered.


Do you own the home or are you renting?

Are you purchasing a new home? 

Are you building a home? 

Are you or do you have plans to renovate? 

Is the home being used as a short-term rental?

Do you own multiple homes? 

Do you have a pool? 


Size of Dwelling

Age and Condition

Zip Code

Claims History

Replacement Value

Value of Contents

Property Ownership

Green arrow down

These are just some of the many factors used to determine the best policy for your unique home insurance needs. 





High Value

Home Insurance Coverages

While naming convention might vary from carrier to carrier, homeowners coverages are usually labeled as Coverages A through F.


Coverage protects your house and any attached structures, such as garages, decks, or fences. The typical policy covers your home when it is damaged by many perils (also known as causes of loss), including fires or storms.

Other Structures

Coverage protects structures not attached to the home, such as a detached garage, shed, fence, playground structure, and swimming pools.

Personal Property

Coverage covers your possessions. Personal property is often covered on a named peril basis and is subject to limitations and exclusions. Property types with significant value, such as jewelry, fine arts, collectibles, etc., may require special protection through a floater.

Loss of Use / Additional Living Expenses

Coverage handles the cost of additional living expenses while your home is being repaired or is unusable and normally includes food, housing, and transportation. The loss or loss of access must be the result of an event that is covered by the policy.

Personal Liability

Covers legal and litigation expenses incurred if you are found legally responsible for an accident that caused property damage or physical injury.

Medical Payments

Coverage provides reimbursement for minor injuries by guests to your home. This coverage does not apply to any family members.



Some specific coverages are typically excluded from a homeowners policy but can be obtained through a separate policy.


Specialized insurance coverage for when an earthquake strikes.


Flood and excess flood, through the NFIP or private market, to cover your home in the event of water damage due to flooding. 

Sinkhole Loss

Provides coverage for damage to your home caused by confirmed sinkhole activity.

Sewer & Water Backup

Coverage for water damage to your property due to a sewer, septic tank, or drain backup or overflow. 

Services Lines

Pays to repair or replace utility lines that run into your home or property.


Aids in recovering from an internet-based crime, such as cyberbullying, online fraud, or a personal data breach.

Get a Quote

Meet our Sales Team

Personal Insurance

Kevin Shires

VP, Personal Insurance

(865) 824-6916
(865) 824-6916

Steven Sitton

Client Executive

(865) 824-6951
(865) 824-6951

Get a Quote

Provide us with a little information about yourself and your insurance needs.